Well I guess I started this with Brent, It appears that he has turned around and tagged me. So I figure I will Add it in here and see what I can do about tagging people on FaceBook where this all started.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you’re supposed to create a note about yourself with 16 random thoughts, facts, goals, interesting things about yourself and tag 16 or more of your friends (including the person who tagged you). If you’ve been tagged, it’s because someone wants to learn more about you!
1. I am married to the girl of my dreams, yes many people will say that but I really do feel that way, everyday she does something to show me why.
2. I love to play Poker, I have been playing since I was in the Marine Corps years ago, I just recently got my World Poker Tour ID, in the next 5 years I would like to be sitting in the WSOP in Las Vegas.
3. I was actually on the Newly Wed Game with my ex-wife, we won. We won a trip to Hawaii, the odd thing about this is by the time we had taken the trip I think we had separated twice already. We were divorced shortly thereafter.
4. I had a hard time with High School and grew up in the Marine Corps. I just could not understand why all those classes were important. I think this has made me an over strict parent, but thank goodness I have my wife that keeps me in check.
5. My father passed away 6 days after my 21st Birthday of HIV. I had a very difficult time getting through it. It was not until my wife today have I been able to talk about it to any extent.
6. I’m a Republican. Yep. Am I am not sorry at all.
7. I love to shoot, I don’t hunt and I take place in competition NRA shoots. I belong to a private gun club. I shoot only pistols and shotguns at this point. Rifles bore me after shooting them for so long in the Marine Corps.
8. I love Country Music. I love most kinds of music, there is true talent there. I have done sounds boards for many bands and loved it. There is a huge time commitment there so I just don’t have time to do it anymore.
9. If it were not for Stephen Wynkoop I would not be writing today, I would have never agreed to do part of a book, or any of the public speaking that I do today. If it were not for a brave man named Bill Koone I would have had a much more difficult time doing what I do today. A big thank you to both men.
10. Ok I am embarrassed by this one. I just bought my first x-box about 2 days ago. My son is having a ball whooping me at games I have never played and he has never played. I guess there has to be something great about beating your Dad.
11. I don’t think I will ever go to a high school re-union. I am not sure anyone there would care to see me, and to be honest I am not sure I would want to account for my behavior when I was in high school.
12. I hate to travel, no I really hate it. Unless my wife is with me and we are going someplace awesome.
13. My idea of heaven on earth is taking my wife and my motor home out to the Mountains and just sitting for a week. There is nothing like fresh air, camping and camping steak.
14. The last 10 years of my life have been the best 10 years. I look forward to the next 10.
15. I love Movies. At this time the most recent great movie I have seen is the new 007 movie.
16. Favorite quote at the moment – “I don’t have time to bleed.”
For those of you who follow my blog post, my last entry may have had some confusion in it. Thanks to Mr. Woody for asking the question and thanks to hope for jumping in with the answer.
Well there you go. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.